Saturday, July 21st – Sunday, July 22nd, 2018
Plenary 3, Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre,
1 Convention Centre Place, South Wharf, Melbourne VIC 300
Everybody has a book in them. If you believe that this especially applies to you, then let us help you to get it out. Getting your work published may be easier than you believe. It’s never been a better time to be an author. All you may need is the insider knowledge of how to get a publisher’s attention.
Reid Tracy, President of Hay House Inc., who transformed Hay House into one of the largest independent publishing companies in the world, will share priceless information on how to launch your career as an author.
Joining Reid on stage will be Leon Nacson, Managing Director of Hay House Australia and Rebecca Campbell winner of the UK’s 2013 Writer’s Workshop and author of Light is the New Black and Rise Sister Rise.
Another special feature of this workshop will be insights from a number of Hay House authors on their publishing journey including Yvette Luciano, Timothy O’Leary, Ali Walker and Cassie Mendoza-Jones.
This is the perfect opportunity to bring your idea into reality. Advances in technology and changes in the publishing industry have created new opportunities. By taking part in this weekend workshop, you’ll learn what it takes to get a book published. You will also be privy to invaluable insight from within the industry.
What You'll Learn:
• Organising your thoughts and refining your work
• Understanding your unique creative process
• Setting a writing schedule and developing discipline
• Developing a compelling book proposal
• Getting a publisher’s attention
• Maintaining determination and focus
• Understanding the roles of author and publisher
• Turning rejection into a positive outcome
• Understanding the basics of book publishing
• Generating publicity and media interest
• Gaining information about new publishing avenues
• Using online marketing to successfully launch a book
Don’t miss this opportunity! Every workshop participant will have the opportunity to submit a proposal and a synopsis of their book. Participants will have until December 10, 2018 to submit their proposals. The winner will be announced on February 14, 2019. Full submission details will be provided during the Writer’s Workshop.
This could be your chance to become a Hay House author and secure an AU$5,000 advance!
The first runner-up will win a self-publishing package with Balboa Press, approximate value AU$2,000.
If you’re ready to take the first step to becoming a published author, this weekend is what you've been waiting for!
Saturday July 21, 2018
Registration from 8:00am
Doors Open: 9:00am
Session Time: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday July 22, 2018
Doors Open: 9:00am
Session Time: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Seating is General Admission. There is no reserved seating for attendees.
- No recording or photography is permitted during the workshop.
- This workshop is strictly not available to any children under the age of 15.
- Refreshments can be purchased in and around the venue.
- There will be a number of book signing opportunities throughout the course.
- As a condition of sale, tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.