Saturday, July 29th – Sunday, July 30th, 2017
The internationally-renowned Hay House Writer’s Workshop Australia will be presented for the first time at the new Sydney International Convention Centre over two memorable days. Reid Tracy, President of Hay House Inc., who transformed Hay House into one of the largest independent publishing companies in the world, will share priceless information on how to launch your career as an author.
Reid will be joined by Leon Nacson, Managing Director of Hay House Australia. A special feature of the workshop will be insights from a number of Hay House authors on their publishing journeys. Featured authors include Dr. Mike Dow (The Brain Fog Fix), Cassie Mendoza-Jones (You Are Enough), Joanne Fedler (Your Story), and Ali Walker (Get Conscious). There will also be short video presentations by Louise Hay, Wayne Dyer, Doreen Virtue, and Deepak Chopra.
There’s never been a better time to become a published author! Advances in technology and changes in the book publishing industry have created new opportunities. By taking part in this weekend workshop, you’ll learn what it takes to get a book published. You will also be privy to invaluable insight from within the industry.
What You'll Learn:
• Organising your thoughts and refining your work
• Understanding your unique creative process
• Setting a writing schedule and developing discipline
• Developing a compelling book proposal
• Getting a publisher’s attention
• Maintaining determination and focus
• Understanding the roles of author and publisher
• Turning rejection into a positive outcome
• Understanding the basics of book publishing
• Generating publicity and media interest
• Gaining information about new publishing avenues
• Using online marketing to successfully launch a book
Don’t miss this opportunity! Every workshop participant will have the opportunity to submit a proposal and a synopsis of their book. Participants will have until December 5, 2017 to submit their proposals. The winner will be announced on March 2nd, 2018. Full submission details will be provided during the Writer’s Workshop.
This could be your chance to become a Hay House author and secure an AU$5,000 advance!
The first runner-up will win a self-publishing package with Balboa Press, approximate value AU$2,000.
If you’re ready to take the first step to becoming a published author, this weekend is what you've been waiting for!
Saturday July 29
Doors Open: 9:00am
Session Time: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday July 30
Doors Open: 9:00am
Session Time: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Seating is General Admission. There is no reserved seating for attendees.
- No recording or photography is permitted during the workshop.
- This workshop is strictly not available to any children under the age of 15.
- Refreshments can be purchased in and around the venue.
- There will be a number of book signing opportunities throughout the course.
- As a condition of sale, tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.