Lectures & Events
Lectures & Events
The Writer’s Workshop - Australia 2012
Date: August 27, 2012
Time: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Presented by: Hay House Australia
Parkside Auditorium, Level 1, Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre, Darling Harbour
TICKETS ON SALE AT THE VENUE FROM 8.00AM
AT THE HAY HOUSE CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK
Do you have a message that you want to share with the world?
Do you have a great concept or unique ideas for a book?
Are you burning with passion for your words to bring inspiration to others?
Are you looking for guidance on what to do next?
There’s never been a better time to become a published author! Advances in modern technology and changes in the book publishing industry have opened up a wealth of opportunity. By taking part in this industry-led workshop, you’ll learn what it takes to write a book, and will be privy to insight from industry legends, who could propel you from unknown author to household name!
Hay House Writer’s Workshop
will be an insightful and practical one-day event, jam-packed with over 50 years of combined writing and publishing experience. Reid Tracy, President of Hay House Inc, will share the latest information on how to launch your career as an author. Starting with just three books, Reid Tracy transformed Hay House into one of the largest independent publishing companies in the world, and the leading publisher in the self-help genre.
Reid Tracy will be joined by Leon Nacson, Managing Director of Hay House Australia; and a number of world-renowned Hay House authors as special guests. These luminaries will share their knowledge and their combined wisdom will give you insights to help you publish your own book.
What you’ll learn:
• Organising your thoughts and refining your work
• Preparing a proposal
• Getting a publisher’s attention
• Maintaining determination and focus
• Gaining information about new publishing avenues
• Understanding book genres
• Using online marketing to successfully launch a book or product
A special feature of this workshop will be insights from leading Hay House authors on how they got their first book published!
The Writer’s Workshop Curriculum
Topics covered in this action-packed workshop include:
• Recognising the creative foundation of your idea
• Finding your voice and honing your message
• Understanding your unique creative process
• Setting a writing schedule and developing discipline
• Overcoming writer’s block
Learning the ‘Nuts & Bolts’ of Book Selling
• Understanding the basics of book publishing
• Developing a compelling book proposal
• Finding a publisher
• Turning rejection into a positive outcome
Bringing Your Book to the World
• Understanding the publishing process
• Developing a platform and effective marketing plan
• Understanding the roles of author and publisher
• Generating publicity and media interest
• Learning the truth about bestsellers
• Learning about valuable resources that every writer needs to know
The response from our 2011 workshop was overwhelming and has resulted in Hay House choosing not just one but two winning manuscripts – as well as putting over 10 new authors forward for publication.
We’re aiming to get an even better result in 2012. If you’re ready to take the first step to becoming a published author, then this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
General admission seating applies. Please note: we are unable to accommodate children under the age of 13.
There are three breaks throughout the day: morning, lunch and afternoon.
No unsolicited or unapproved audio or video may be made at the event.
Refunds and Cancellations
There are no refunds, exchanges or cancellations once the booking is made. Please refer to our complete refund policy at: www.hayhouse.com.au/returns.php